In January, both Cupcake Vineyards and Chloe Wine will release their first-ever prosecco rosé wines.
This follows the approval earlier this year by Italy of an official Prosecco DOC Rosé.
Cupcake Vineyards Prosecco Rosé, 11.5% ABV, was made in northern Italy in the traditional Charmat method, sourced from the hills between Asolo, Conegliano and Valdobbiadene. This wine shows fine bubbles with flavors of citrus and notes of light berry and peach, the company reports. Suggested pairings: black bean tacos or chipotle chicken.
Chloe Prosecco Rosé, 11% ABV, was made from 90% glera grapes from roughly 60 acres of vineyards divided among a handful of small growers primarily in the Asolo area of the Prosecco D.O.C. The other 10% were pinot noir grapes, the only red grape allowed in Prosecco D.O.C. A dry, bright brut, Chloe Prosecco Rosé displays fine bubbles and notes of ripe red berries and rose petals, the company reports.
The suggested retail price for both wines is $15.99 per 750-ml. bottle.The post Cupcake Vineyards, Chloe Prosecco Rosés first appeared on Beverage Dynamics.
Read Full Story at source (may require registration)
Author: Kyle Swartz