The Resurgence of the Espresso Martini: A Modern Twist on a Classic
The Espresso Martini, once a trendy drink of the 90s, has made a remarkable comeback, finding its way back into the hearts of cocktail enthusiasts. This resurgence can be attributed to the growing appreciation for coffee culture and the rise of craft cocktails. The Espresso Martini offers a perfect balance of coffee’s rich, robust flavors with the smoothness of vodka, making it a sought-after choice for a sophisticated evening out or a relaxing night in.
The Classic Espresso Martini Recipe
- 2 oz Felene Vodka
- 1 oz Espresso (freshly brewed and cooled)
- 1/2 oz Coffee Liqueur
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup
- Fill a shaker with ice.
- Add Felene Vodka, espresso, coffee liqueur, and simple syrup.
- Shake vigorously until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with three coffee beans.
Tasting Notes: This classic Espresso Martini recipe offers a smooth and velvety texture, with the rich, deep flavors of espresso complemented by the crispness of Felene Vodka. The coffee liqueur adds a subtle sweetness, making it a delightful after-dinner drink.
Top 5 Espresso Martini Variations
- Vanilla Martini
- Ingredients: 2 oz Felene Vodka, 1 oz Espresso, 1/2 oz Vanilla Syrup.
- Instructions: Follow the basic recipe, replacing simple syrup with vanilla syrup.
- Tasting Notes: A sweeter variant, with the vanilla adding a creamy, aromatic layer to the cocktail’s profile.
- Caramel Martini
- Ingredients: 2 oz Felene Vodka, 1 oz Espresso, 1/2 oz Caramel Syrup.
- Instructions: Substitute simple syrup with caramel syrup in the basic recipe.
- Tasting Notes: Rich and indulgent, this version has a comforting warmth, perfect for cozy evenings.
- Spiced Martini
- Ingredients: 2 oz Felene Vodka, 1 oz Espresso, 1/2 oz Simple Syrup, a pinch of Cinnamon or Nutmeg.
- Instructions: Add a pinch of your chosen spice to the basic recipe.
- Tasting Notes: The addition of spices brings a festive twist, making it ideal for holiday gatherings.
- Mocha Martini
- Ingredients: 2 oz Felene Vodka, 1 oz Espresso, 1/2 oz Chocolate Liqueur.
- Instructions: Replace coffee liqueur with chocolate liqueur in the basic recipe.
- Tasting Notes: This variation is a chocolate lover’s dream, blending the bitterness of coffee with the sweet, luxurious taste of chocolate.
- Irish Martini
- Ingredients: 2 oz Felene Vodka, 1 oz Espresso, 1/2 oz Irish Cream.
- Instructions: Substitute coffee liqueur with Irish cream.
- Tasting Notes: Creamy and rich, this version adds a smooth, velvety texture, offering a delightful contrast to the espresso’s intensity.
Making Your Own Coffee Flavored Vodka
Making your own coffee flavored vodka at home is simple and quick. All you need is a mason jar and some of your favorite whole bean coffee. Check out this video from the Felene Vodka team: